In a constant effort to define ourselves as writers, sometimes we stop to ask some pretty simple questions. I spotted this feature on a blog I subscribe to and thought it would be fun to fill in the blanks with my own splash of color. So here it goes!
1. How many hours a week do you spend planning/writing/uploading posts?
Sparse, I’d say. Ideas come to me like bolts of lightning, and are usually fleshed out the instant I dream one up in my mind. Transcribing it though, now that comes later; and like a quote I’m quite fond of states, is usually far from the initial concept. Evolution of an idea sometimes helps you to lose your inspiration along the way… Think about that, kids. Creativity waits for no one.
2. Are you a spender or a saver?
My heart says saver, but my wallet tends to open more times than a revolving door. Money and I have a great relationship. As soon as we’re together, we just decide to take a little time apart.
Clothes and cosmetics help wildly in that regard.
3. When is it easiest for you to write your posts?
When the world stops spinning and nobody needs anything from me. But, since that’s less likely to occur than a daily eclipse, usually just whenever I have a moment free. I tend to do my best writing at night, and love jotting down posts in advance.
4. What makes writing posts comfortable for you?
Tea, my favorite chair, and some sunshine on my face. Despite being a night bird, the thing I crave most for my writing is sunlight and the consequent happiness that follows. But the thing that makes it most comfortable for me to write is honestly having something worthwhile to say. There’s nothing worse than trying to force inspiration when there’s nothing there to give. #writersblock
5. What’s your worst makeup/hair habit?
I wash my hair almost every day, which can be drying and strip it of moisture.
Also, I don’t take as great of care of my face as I should.
6. What’s one quote you wish the world would live by?
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. -Abraham Lincoln
7. How long do you spend getting ready every day?
That depends entirely on the length of my hair. Right now, shower time excluded, let’s say half an hour. Hopefully the boyfriend doesn’t read this and call me out on that!
8. What’s your favourite post on your blog?
Honestly, it’s too early to tell. I’d say my best post would have to be my first —
Real Beauty: A Cry to Bare It All.
9. Who is a beauty blogger that you think deserves more subscribers than they have?
Dorkchops; the person I stole this prompt from. If you want a really down to earth approach to cosmetics and nails, give her blog a gander. Dorkchopsworld.wordpress.com
10. What’s one thing you’re excited for in the coming year? New clothes. The chance to go out and buy clothes. Clearance wracks. Dresses, scarves, and shoes… in particular.
11. What’s your favorite blogging moment?
Deciding I wanted to start blogging again, and then taking the plunge. There’s nothing more exciting than hitting the ‘create’ button on a new project. And learning to keep up with it as your passion evolves is my favorite part of any writing experience.
12. How long does it take to prep for a post?
Define prep… I’m not a fantastically organized person, so generally I have a post in mind that I’ve already sort of finished from beginning to end before my hands even hover over the keyboard. I’m a bit of freestyle and a tad bit mental planning. I guess it happens unconsciously, while I’m working and doing laundry, or other menial stuff.
13. Are you wearing jeans/skirt right now or are you wearing pajama bottoms?
Jeans / gym clothes. Can’t seem to decide where I’m going…
Well that was my questionnaire. Whoo! Finished in record time.
Feel free to snag this little interview and answer for yourselves if you like!